Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Never Say No to a Pregnant Lady When It Comes to Pie

Not sure how many of you all know, but I currently have two blogs. I will be using my other (lauraschaefer.theworldrace.org) for things which are more personal. I invite you to follow/subscribe to that blog as well! 
(This will be a more fun blog for me, I think)

The evening before Thanksgiving I made the mistake joy of mentioning sugar cream pie to a pregnant friend. A few days after Thanksgiving I received a text from her brother "Pregnant Lady asked about pie." So I made Mrs. E her Sugar Cream Pie :)
This is a family favorite and it is a must that I make it for...oh, every family/holiday get together. I cannot lie. It's pretty amazing!

Sugar Cream Pie
1 c. heavy whipping cream (whipped)
1-1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. milk
1 pie shell
2 Tbsp butter (small chunks)
Nutmeg (I use cinnamon b/c I like the taste better)

Preheat oven to 450* (425* if using a glass pan)

Whip heavy whipping cream until fluffy (this is very important!)


IMAG0661.jpg

 Fold in sugar, flour, and milk.

Pour into un-baked pie shell. Decorate edges if you'd like :)
IMAG0682.jpg

Dot butter bits on top














IMAG0663.jpg

Sprinkle with nutmeg (or cinnamon)

IMAG0664.jpg    

Bake for 10 minutes at 450* (or 425*) then reduce heat by 100* (350* or 325*)

Bake 30-45 minutes. You'll know its done when the jiggling stops :)

Cool to room temp and refrigerate.

IMAG0666.jpg

I like mine cold. My mom likes it heated.

ENJOY!!!!

1 comment: