Thursday, November 29, 2012

Peace In A Storm

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 
for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 
And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be 
perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. 
James 1.2-4

My heart is heavy. 
My family's heart is heavy.
My friend's hearts are heavy.

While I completely understand this verse, I have a hard time understanding why, when we've been tested and been proved, we still have such adversary against us.

But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. 
In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. 
God has called you to peace. 
I Corinthians 7.15

I firmly believe we serve a God of Peace; Jehovah Shalom. I believe that Peace will come from all attacks of the devil. I believe that my Maker speaks Shalom over my life, my family's lives, my friend's lives, and those who listen and believe in Him. 

Let your speech always be gracious, 
seasoned with salt,
 so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. 
Colossians 4.6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, 
and He will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3.5-6

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. 
Not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14.27

The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer,
My Lord, my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
My shield, and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold.
Psalm 18.2

The Lord will guide you always;  
He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. 
You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
Isaiah 58.11

He tends to His flock like a Shepherd; He gathers His lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart.
Isaiah 40.11

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation. 
But take heart; I have overcome the world!
John 16.33

1 comment: