Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mmmmmm

Today I made cupcakes for a friend's birthday. As I have stated in past posts, cupcakes-and-birthdays, I love to make sweets for my friends on their birthdays.  He requested carrot cake with cream cheese icing. The last time I did this it was requested to me to do a photo log of my process. Here you go, L, I hope you enjoy it!

Carrot Cake
2 C. Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1-1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Salt
2-1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
4 Eggs
1-1/2 C. Vegetable Oil (I used apple sauce, its healthier and more flavor)
2 C. White Sugar
2-3/4 C. Shredded Carrots
1 C. Pineapple (crushed and drained)
3/4 C. Walnuts (or Pecans)
1 C. Raisins
  
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
  1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in shredded carrots, crushed pineapple, chopped nuts and raisins. Pour into prepared pan, or cupcake tin.
  2. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.







The Icing
1-1/2 Bricks Cream Cheese
1/2 C. White Sugar
1/4 C. Powdered Sugar
1 Tbs. Vanilla ( I used half Kahlua, half Vanilla ;) )
16 Oz. Heavy Whipping Cream 




Mix the Cream Cheese, Sugars and vanilla. Slowly add Heavy Whipping Cream and mix on high until peaks are created.
Normally I use a pastry bag, but I recently moved and have no idea where my pastry bags are. A zip-loc bag works just as well. Be sure to only cut a small hole to begin with; you can always make it bigger but not smaller :). 

And Voila! Add chopped nuts for visual and taste enhancements :). 





No comments:

Post a Comment